This Single-Family in Brockton, MA recently sold for $223,000.
This is a Raised Ranch/Split Entry style home and features 8 total rooms, 2 full baths, 1 half bath, 3 bedrooms, 0.24 acres, and was sold by
Charlene Lombardi – RE/MAX Landmark, Realtors
If you are in the market for a mortgage you will need to know how a lender determines if you are a good candidate for a loan. When you apply for a mortgage or look to refinance your current mortgage there is a mortgage loan underwriter who who has the job of reviewing your loan application and all of the accompanying documents.
After you have completed all the paperwork on your end, you may be wondering what exactly is the underwriter looking for?
Typically, the underwriter is looking for two things: 1.) your general creditworthiness and 2.) your debt-to-income ratio.
How does an underwriter evaluate creditworthiness?
Your creditworthiness will give the lender an idea of your willingness to repay your debts. The most common way to determine creditworthiness is to use your credit score. The lender usually uses your FICO (Fair Isaac Corporation) score. Your FICO score is based on an analysis of your various credit files by the three major credit repositories, Experian, TransUnion and Equifax.
How does the underwriter determine debt-to-income ratio?
The second thing the underwriter wants to determine is how the new mortgage payment will impact your ability to repay. The underwriter will use a calculation called debt-to-income ratio (DTI). When calculating DTI the underwriter compares your monthly gross income (before taxes) and your monthly debts. DTI requirements vary but typically the underwriter is looking to see if the ratio of debt to income— after the cost of your mortgage principal, interest, real estate taxes, insurance and any private mortgage insurance — is less than 40 percent.
There are many other factors that go into whether or not you will be able to obtain a mortgage but these are two of the biggest factors.
Canton ListingCanton, MA - $208,900 - Condo - Garden - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:113 hours agoCanton, MA - $729,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:0 - Parking Spaces:616 hours agoCanton, MA - $2,159,950 - Single-Family - Colonial, Cape - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/1Canton, MA - $529,900 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:2 - Parking Spaces:6Canton, MA - $537,500 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1
Stoughton ListingsStoughton, MA - $545,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/113 hours agoStoughton, MA - $375,999 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Stoughton, MA - $309,000 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Stoughton, MA - $199,900 - Condo - Garden, Mid-Rise - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2Stoughton, MA - $1,275 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1
West Bridgewater ListingsWest Bridgewater, MA - $374,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1West Bridgewater, MA - $449,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1West Bridgewater, MA - $449,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1West Bridgewater, MA - $1,400 - Commercial - Year Built:1986 - Acres:0West Bridgewater, MA - $419,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary, Saltbox - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
- Norfolk County opens searches for transition, real estate and private equity managers July 8, 2014Norfolk County Retirement System, Canton, Mass., is seeking a transition manager, a real estate fund-of-funds manager to run up to $10 million and a private equity co-investment manager to run up to... Register today and you also get a free two week trial to P&I Daily, our online subscription with full access to all current and archived stories ... (more […]
- Opponents See a Not-So-Fair Way July 6, 2014CANTON, Mass. - Despite a pending state appeal, the Department of Conservation and Recreation has notified the Army Corps of Engineers that it will begin filling more than 17 acres of wetlands to rebuild a portion of Ponkapoag Golf Course that hasn't been used in nearly a decade because of soggy ground conditions. […]
- Dedham Man Arrested For Robbing Attleboro BofA July 2, 2014A Dedham man with a prior conviction for armed bank robbery was arrested Friday on charges that he robbed an Attleboro bank in May. According to an affidavit filed with the complaint, Costello and another individual entered the Bank of America in Attleboro on May 12, armed with a semi-automatic weapon. […]
- Dog Reported Missing in Easton Area, Reward Offered June 24, 2014Angie, a brown and tan mixed breed female dog is missing in the Easton area. Last seen on June 15 in the area of Hill Side Street and Blue Hill River Road on the Canton side of Blue Hills Reservation, Angie was wearing a brown and orange collar with tags. […]
- Norfolk County opens searches for transition, real estate and private equity managers July 8, 2014
- Wachusett school district settles ex-principal's discrimination claim for $30,000 July 23, 2014Former Chocksett Middle School Principal Margaret Morgan has reached a $30,000 settlement with the Wachusett Regional School District over her claim alleging age and sex discrimination when she was terminated in 2012. […]
- Stoughton Apartment Complex Sold For $54.1M July 21, 2014Greensboro, N.C.-based Bell Partners Inc. has acquired the Lodge at Stoughton, a 240-unit apartment complex at 400 Technology Center Drive, from The Hanover Co. […]
- Here Are Five of Massachusetts' Most Wanted July 19, 2014Every day, police solve crimes in all our communities. But when suspects get away, Massachusetts law enforcement officers turn to the public for help. […]
- Stoughton Police Log July 15: Juvenile Arrest for Domestic Violence July 17, 2014At 5:01 a.m., police received two calls reporting noise disturbances. The first caller described five gun shots and the second caller stated she was awakened by fireworks. […]
- Wachusett school district settles ex-principal's discrimination claim for $30,000 July 23, 2014
- Demoulas: Rehire fired Market Basket workers July 22, 2014Thousands rally outside the Market Basket store in Stadium Plaza in Tewksbury in support of ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas on Monday. […]
- Bridgewater Mosquito Pool Tests Positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitismore 4 minutes ago July 18, 2014A mosquito pool collected in Bridgewater, Mass. has tested positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis according to Massachusetts Department of Public Health officials. […]
- Mosquitoes In Bridgewater Test Positive For EEE July 18, 2014Mosquitoes in Bridgewater have tested positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus, Mass. […]
- First Evidence of Eastern Equine Encephalitis Virus Found in Mass. July 18, 2014A mosquito sample pool collected in Bridgewater, Mass. has tested positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis according to Massachusetts Department of Public Health officials. […]
- Demoulas: Rehire fired Market Basket workers July 22, 2014