When searching for your dream house a lot of emphasis is typically placed on the location, size, and style of the house; ensuring everything you desire is perfectly in place. When buying a home you can’t let your emotions cloud your sense of reason. You need to carefully examine all factors closely and perform the due diligence necessary to ensure you are making the right decision.
Read Through Recent Newspapers and Archived Articles:
Local news papers and other publications are a great resource for the most current information. Archived news articles on the other hand may alert you to past issues or on going controversy in the area. A little extra time spent reading will pay off in a long run when compiling your pros and cons list.
Talk To The neighbors:
The residents of the neighborhood are the best source of first hand information. Getting a feel for the neighborhood’s demographic will help determine if it is the correct environment for your family. Confirm there is a neighborhood association or alternative platform to discuss the welfare of the neighborhood.
Get Details On Recent Home Improvements:
Home inspections will provide you with information on where improvements may be needed. Determining the quality of the improvements that have already been completed is also important. Ask to review receipts from previous renovations to help gauge the quality of the materials used and the longevity of the improvement. For example, if the house was painted a year ago, and the receipt reveals a lesser quality paint was used, you can expect to re-paint in a year or so.
Review Tax Records:
A review of the past and present real estate tax records will provide you with a better understanding of the area’s tax rate, and property evaluation. It’s good to know how regularly homes are evaluated and how often property taxes are increased.
There is so much to consider when buying a home. Be certain to take all factors into consideration when making your decision.
There are currently over 900 million people on Facebook with 526 million daily active users. So why not advertise where people are? It only makes sense to get the maximum exposure when you are trying to sell your home.
Facebook makes this possible in a way that is unique to online marketing and you should expect from your real estate professional that Facebook is part of the marketing plan. Real estate has always been something that online consumers search for from the comfort of their home and now mobile device.
There is a shift in our society to communicating and searching for information online, traditional advertising models may not be as effective as they were in past. Facebook offers the ability to target an audience like never before and the opportunity for your message to go viral or across the internet.
Here are a few questions to ask when looking at hiring a real estate professional when it comes to Facebook.
1. Do they have a Facebook business page?
2. What does it look like? Is it professionally designed? The way they market is a reflection of how your home will be marketed.
3. Does the Facebook page have a property search?
4. Does the Facebook business page have a way to capture the lead or inquiry?
5. Will your home be promoted on Facebook with photos, and written descriptions?
Canton ListingCanton, MA - $369,900 - Condo - Garden - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:213 hours agoCanton, MA - $500,000 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:314 hours agoCanton, MA - $6,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:14 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/116 hours agoCanton, MA - $2,500 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Canton, MA - $109,000 - Condo - Garden - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:1
Stoughton ListingsStoughton, MA - $299,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:16 hours agoStoughton, MA - $179,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:18 hours agoStoughton, MA - $2,250 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/110 hours agoStoughton, MA - $324,900 - Single-Family - Front to Back Split - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:114 hours agoStoughton, MA - $339,900 - Single-Family - Colonial, Ranch, Other - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/115 hours ago
West Bridgewater ListingsWest Bridgewater, MA - $266,500 - Single-Family - Front to Back Split - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:115 hours agoWest Bridgewater, MA - $419,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary, Saltbox - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/116 hours agoWest Bridgewater, MA - $425,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:317 hours agoWest Bridgewater, MA - $139,900 - Single-Family - Other - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1West Bridgewater, MA - $3,500 - Commercial - Year Built:1880 - Acres:1.75
- Destination XL Q2 loss widens; plans 40 new DXL stores August 28, 2014Canton, Mass. Charges related to the decision by Destination XL Group Inc. to exit the Sears Canada Direct business resulted in the retailer's net loss growing to $4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2014, from $1.6 million a year earlier. […]
- Struggling with the best intentions August 27, 2014Shock treatment is being used on the disabled at the Judge Rotenberg Center to correct bad behavior. […]
- Blue Hills Regional Grad Michael Riley '13 Helps Wishes Come True for ... August 26, 2014Most nineteen-year-olds are busy working or going to school, leading a hectic social life, and trying to figure out their place in this complex, topsy-turvy world. […]
- Dunkin' Donuts releases new, returning fall coffees August 26, 2014In anticipation of the fall season, Canton, Mass.-based Dunkin' Brands Group Inc. released its new and returning seasonal coffee drinks. […]
- Destination XL Q2 loss widens; plans 40 new DXL stores August 28, 2014
- Stoughton High School Listed Among Best Public Schools in Greater Boston September 2, 2014Stoughton High School has been ranked in the Top 100 on a new list of the "Best Public Schools in Boston 2014" by Boston Magazine. […]
- Stoughton School, Public Safety Officials Talk Underage Drinking September 2, 2014As the new school year gets underway in Stoughton , local officials have reached out to remind students and parents the dangers of underage drinking and the importance of not serving alcohol to minors. […]
- CAIR Declares Military Vets Allen West, Jerry Boykin 'Islamophobes' September 2, 2014The upcoming Hausman Memorial Speakers Series' Israel Security Summit, "The Fight for Western Civilization," to be held Sept. […]
- Three Injured in Accident on Route 95 August 30, 2014Preliminary investigation into yesterday evening's crash on Route 95 in Attleboro by Troop H of the Massachusetts State Police and the State Police Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Section indicates that the 2005 Ford Explorer sport utility vehicle was traveling north in the left lane when it veered off the roadway to the left, travelled ... (more) […]
- Stoughton High School Listed Among Best Public Schools in Greater Boston September 2, 2014
- Lawsuit Details Pratt & Whitney's Scramble To Run Down Titanium Issue September 2, 2014Looking for answers, a Pratt & Whitney representative and the president of an East Hartford machine shop pulled into the parking lot for one of their raw materials suppliers in West Bridgewater, Mass. […]
- Workers cheer restored Market Basket CEO August 28, 2014Hours after reaching an agreement to buy the company, the restored chief of the New England's Market Basket supermarket chain celebrated with workers in a rally at headquarters Thursday, saying he loved them and appreciated their efforts in helping him regain control. […]
- Track from new rock n roll thriller starring Glen Matlock August 27, 2014Sex Pistols bassist, Glen Matlock features as a cameo in Ben Jagger and Alistair Audsley's film 'THE PADDY LINCOLN GANG'. […]
- First Responders Reunited With Premature Twins They Helped Deliver August 17, 2014One year after Pat Picher and Corey Silva rushed to the aid of a West Bridgewater woman in labor, they reunited with the little boys they'll remember forever. […]
- Lawsuit Details Pratt & Whitney's Scramble To Run Down Titanium Issue September 2, 2014