Who doesn’t want to save money these days? The cost of home insurance has been on the rise but that doesn’t mean you have to always keep paying more. Take the time to examine your policy and see if there are some ways to save some money. Here are some suggestions on how to look for ways to gets the best rates possible:
- Shop around. Get at least three quotes.
- If you can afford it out some money in the bank and instead raise your deductible. The higher your deductible, the less premium you’ll have to pay.
- Combine your policies. Some insurance companies will reduce your premium up to 15 percent if you have at least two policies (home and auto for example) with their company.
- Look for discounts. Some insurance companies offer discounts for installing smoke detectors, burglar alarms and dead-bolt locks. Ask about what types of discounts the company offers some insurers even offer discounts for a sprinkler system and a fire and burglar alarm that rings at the police, fire or other monitoring stations.
- Be a loyal customer. Many companies offer discounts for longer-term customers. Compare prices against other companies once in a while.
- Review your policy and the value of your possessions often.
Cold and flu season are here, there are some ways to prevent getting sick and they can come from simply changing your diet. It may not be an apple a day keeps the doctor away but there are some foods you can add to your diet to keep the cold bugs at bay.
Acai berry’s dark color signals that it is high in antioxidants called anthocyanins. Antioxidants help your body fight aging and disease. Acai berries are usually found in juice or smoothie form, or dried and mixed with granola.
Just 1/4 cup of Almonds has almost 50% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin E. Vitamin E helps boost the immune system. Almonds also contain riboflavin and niacin; B vitamins that may help you bounce back from the effects of stress.
If you are looking to boost your vitamin C intake, grapefruits are a great way to fights off colds and flu. Grapefruit is also packed with flavonoids. Flavonoids are natural chemical compounds that have been shown to increase immune system activation.
Wheat germ contains zinc, antioxidants, and B vitamins among other vital vitamins and minerals. Wheat germ has fiber, protein, and good fat. You can substitute wheat germ for some part of regular flour in baked goods and other recipes. You can also mix it in with breadcrumbs in meatballs or meatloaf.
When you hear oyster you think aphrodisiac but oysters are also known as immune boosters. Oysters contain the mineral zinc. Zinc has an antiviral effect, which aids in healing wounds.
Cabbage is a fantastic source of immune-strengthening glutamine. It is easy to add cabbage to soups and stews to boost nutritional value.
Also containing the powerful antioxidant glutathione is watermelon. Glutathione is found in the red pulpy flesh near the rind.
Rich in antioxidants, elderberry is thought to fight inflammation. The extract from these dark berries appears to block flu viruses in test tube studies.
Mushrooms boast the mineral selenium and antioxidants. Boosting selenium levels help to fight off severe flu symptoms. The B vitamins riboflavin and niacin, also found in these mushrooms, play a role in a healthy immune system.
Canton ListingCanton, MA - $750,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/19 minutes agoCanton, MA - $730,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:3Canton, MA - $379,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1Canton, MA - $569,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:3Canton, MA - $335,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1
Stoughton ListingsStoughton, MA - $469,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:21 hour agoStoughton, MA - $335,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:21 hour agoStoughton, MA - $359,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/15 hours agoStoughton, MA - $299,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:115 hours agoStoughton, MA - $319,900 - Single-Family - Front to Back Split - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:115 hours ago
West Bridgewater ListingsWest Bridgewater, MA - $35,000 - Mobile Home - - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:12 hours agoWest Bridgewater, MA - $374,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/13 hours agoWest Bridgewater, MA - $299,900 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2West Bridgewater, MA - $1,799,900 - Land - Acres:187.5West Bridgewater, MA - $875,000 - Land - Acres:16.75
- Jobs in Stoughton: Olive Garden, Citizens Bank and Cort April 23, 2014Looking for a job in or around Stoughton? Check out the Stoughton Patch jobs board, powered by careerbuilder.com . […]
- Second Annual Foley's Backstreet 5K to Benefit Mass Hospital School April 16, 2014Stoughton restaurant, Foley's Backstreet Grille, is sponsoring the Second Annual Annual 5K Road Race to benefit the Mass Hospital School. […]
- Canton Will Get Help Fixing Potholes April 13, 2014Canton is getting $118,000 from the state to help pay for repairing potholes. Winter is gone, but her fury is still evident on roads across Massachusetts. […]
- State Police Uncover Four Kilos of Cocaine After Traffic Stop in Canton April 13, 2014At 10 a.m. on Saturday, troopers covering Boston and the surrounding areas stopped a Nissan Quest on Route 93 northbound in Canton for motor vehicle violations. […]
- Jobs in Stoughton: Olive Garden, Citizens Bank and Cort April 23, 2014
- Stoughton's Annual Town Meeting Warrant, Article Details Now Available April 24, 2014Voters and officials in Stoughton are preparing for this year's Annual Town Meeting, the first session of which is set to begin on Monday, May 5. All dates of the ATM sessions can be found in the Town Meeting Warrant for 2014, which is now available on the town's website here. […]
- Jobs in Stoughton: Olive Garden, Citizens Bank and Cort April 23, 2014
- Daddy's Dairy Expands to Summer Hours in Stoughton April 22, 2014A sure sign of warmer temperatures has arrived in Stoughton. Daddy's Dairy , which has locations in Stoughton, Randolph and Brockton, announced this week that it has begun serving its goods for its summer hours in both Stoughton and Brockton. […]
- Mosquito Treatment to be Applied by Helicopter in Stoughton, Norfolk County April 21, 2014The Norfolk County Mosquito Control District will be conducting aerial aerial larval applications via helicopter for two to three days until the end of the month. […]
- Stoughton's Annual Town Meeting Warrant, Article Details Now Available April 24, 2014
- West Bridgewater mural is a blast from the past April 20, 2014Marilyn Monroe. Martin Luther King. The Beatles. Pasted on a basement wall in a West Bridgewater home is a massive mural created decades ago. […]
- Local Bridge's Wedding Reception Saved After Huge Fire April 10, 2014A local bridge's wedding reception was saved after a huge blaze burned Lakeview Pavilion in Foxborough to the ground. […]
- Arraignment Set for Driver Charged in Fatal Stoughton Crash April 2, 2014An arraignment date has been set for a West Bridgewater woman charged after a fatal accident last December in Stoughton . […]
- West Bridgewater mural is a blast from the past April 20, 2014